Re: [suse-security] cipher algorithm

Hello,

Sébastien V wrote:
Hello,
i m using the VPN solution openVPN, and OPENVPN provides quite many cipher algorithm,the default one is blowfish.
here is the list:

[snip]

Which one do you recommand me? i want an efficient and robust cipher algorithm.

XOR is really fast, one time pads are really secure.

Decide yourself. Only you know how much the data is worth that you want to protect and what hardware you can use.

Ask yourself:
- Is there a reason not to use the default settings? If so, what reason and which of the other algorithms can fullfill my requirements? - Is the price for my solution (other hardware, more time to en-/decrypt, administration) in an arguable relation to the loss of confidentiality?

GTi