Hey Philipp

From:    philipp.rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To:      suse-security@xxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I use the same setup in production with Suse 8.1 / 8.2 and 9.0,
IPSEC-VPN with Freeswan and Shorewall as firewall.
ipsec.conf is modified for this new setup, main difference is
the kernel 2.6.x

what happens:
- I don't see an interface "ipsec0" or similar anymore when I startup IPSEC

Native IPsec doesn't have a virtual interface anymore, you only get this with
KLIPS.

- I get errors in firewall logs about connection attempts from my road-
warriors on port 4500 (???) what's this ?

UDP port 4500 is the ESP-Protocoll, I guess thats why your Roadwarriors are acting strange, too.

Best Regards
Thomas