[suse-security] Postfix Backscatter

Hi,

my postfix-Mailserver on a SuSE9.1 system ist flooded by backscatter
mails which are undeliverable (random addresses).

At the moment it is nearly impossible to sent a mail to this system.
Yesterday it handled (rejected) about 12.000 of such mails.

This seems to be too slow.

So i changed my configuration setting:
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 0,
stopped all RBL usage
and
increased the number of smtp processes from 2 to 80.

Now my system seems to handle about 40.000/day but this is not enough,
there is still only a small chance to send a normal mail.

Is there any chance to optimize postfix so that it can handle much more
mails/connections each day?
Or any other idea to solve such backscatter problems?

Best
Uwe