Re: [suse-security] Postfix Backscatter

Am Mi, den 22.09.2004 schrieb Sven 'Darkman' Michels um 12:50:
> What Hardware and Setup do you use? Virtual Users? Database
it is a standard SuSE9.1 system only with real (Linux) users.

the hardware memory/processor should be good enough. PC Hardware
(500MByte/5000bogomips) and the WAN connectivity is about 5MBit.

> Backends? Spamassassin/amavis? Today (which is 12 hours now)
i am using amavis/antivir but because there is no mail-body there is no
activity of amavis

> we got over 32000 Mailconnects and a tons of rejects, too.
> While a wave of spam last month we had around 160.000 rejected
> mails per day without any Problem. So there may be a bottleneck
this is what i am searching for

> somewhere else. Possible Problems: Database lookups, to much
> RBL Lists, PCRE/REGEXP header, body or mimechecks etc. or
one of my first actions was to stop the usage of RBL lists

> maybe bad hardware. If possible a post of postconf -n would
i attached the output, but i cut the domain/host information

Best
Uwe

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
content_filter = vscan:
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
default_transport = smtp
defer_transports =
disable_dns_lookups = no
inet_interfaces = all
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 5
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
mailbox_command =
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mailbox_transport =
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
masquerade_domains = --- my domains ---
masquerade_exceptions = root
message_size_limit = 10240000
mydestination = --- my domains ---
myhostname = --- my hostname ----
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/README_FILES
relayhost =
relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/samples
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
smtp_mx_session_limit = 5
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtp_use_tls = no
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 0
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access,
reject_unknown_sender_domain
smtpd_use_tls = no
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450