Re: [suse-security] Postfix Backscatter

I'm sorry for the private mail that i accidentally sent to you Uwe.

general tuning tips can be found on
www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html
www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb/postfix/postfix_bottleneck.shtml

> Am Mi, den 22.09.2004 schrieb Sven 'Darkman' Michels um 12:50:
> > What Hardware and Setup do you use? Virtual Users? Database
> it is a standard SuSE9.1 system only with real (Linux) users.
>
> the hardware memory/processor should be good enough. PC Hardware
> (500MByte/5000bogomips) and the WAN connectivity is about 5MBit.
>
> > maybe bad hardware. If possible a post of postconf -n would
> i attached the output, but i cut the domain/host information

unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
you definitely should change this to 550

I can't see anything that shold slow down your system that much.
40.000 Mails a day should be a joke to postfix.

can you please show your uncommented master.cf entries

> Best
> Uwe

marc