Re: [suse-security] Postfix Backscatter

Am Mi, den 22.09.2004 schrieb Kurt Seifried um 12:36:
You want to reduce the time Postfix holds mail and tries to deliver
it. no, the mails come from other servers. My system is only rececting them:

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table;
from=<> to=<airpark@....

because there are no local users addressed. All this ist ok. But there
may be 100.000 or more of these mails on other systems waiting to be
send. And my postfix is only able to handle about 40.000/day.

Misunderstood your problem. WHat you want in this case is:

local_recipient_maps = unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps $virtual_maps

unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450

Thus email for bogus_user@xxxxxxxxxxxx simply gets rejected.
Kurt Seifried, kurt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574