RE: [suse-security] Handling DoS Attacks from within

Lucky Leavell wrote on Sat Sep 25 2004 - 05:08:42 CEST
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security/2004-Sep/0238.html

----<text trimmed>---

>Questions:
>
>    1. What tools other than ethereal should we use?
>    2. Is there any other protective measure we can take to fend
>       off the attacks from within our own networks given that
>       we do not have total control of the network as a corporate
>       user would?
>    3. (snip)
>
> Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated
> including other lists we might frequent.
>
> Thank you,
> Lucky Leavell

Hi Lucky,

Earlier today I read:

   http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/267

It might have an idea or two you can use
because it seems to me that your first problem is
how to educate your customers to aid you in solving the problem.

As one reviewer of the above article said:
Sooner or later it comes down to the Human Firewall guarding the network

Friendly greetings,

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.