Re: [suse-security] Making SuSE 9.1 a router?? HOW??

I have gone from perplexed to baffled to grimly determined.  Having
sustained a number of intrusions (all uninvited, including kitting of my
Cisco 3640), I want to build a SuSE router with ip-tables.  Am having
the devil of a time at it.

YaST will not support two network cards.  Have tried manual
configuration with << ip >>, which does recognize the cards ("ip link)
as eth0 and eth1, but does not recognize the devices when I reference
them from command line as either eth0, eth1, or those names that YaST
gives them with the MAC address.

Both NICs are internal.  Prefer just to have an eth0 and eth1, and
someway to force eth0 to load as "external."

Does anyone know how to do this?  a friend says it is easy in Gentoo.

melissa