Re: [suse-security] Making SuSE 9.1 a router?? HOW??

> One way I found to fix this: build your own kernel and do not compile
> the device drivers for the network cards as modules but include them
> into the kernel. Now the cards will always get the same 'eth...' ID.

Bad way, IMHO. I'd never even consider monolithic kernels. Try adding
the NIC modules to your INITRD_MODULES, in the order you want.
Alternatively, insmod the modules from boot.local in the order you want.
Untested, but cards get grabbed when their module is loaded.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.