[suse-security] Kismet -- Orinoco Error

Whenever I run Kismet from Suse 9.1, I get the well-known "kernel: eth1: Error -5 writing packet to BAP " error showing up in the logs. Eventually the logs fill so fast that the computer becomes non-responsive. Interestingly, the problem does not occur whenever the computer associates with an AP before launching Kismet.

The solution at http://www.kismetwireless.net/Forum/General/Messages/1058245225.517217 didn't work for me.

Has anyone else had this Orinoco problem and if so, how did you fix it?

-- Doug