[suse-security] re: strange but true

Hello all
         I have a strange problem, I keep watch on a network belonging
to a non-profit org at which there are one hardware firewall (linksys)
that is a embedded linux (i think). The computers where logged off yet
i saw that three of the computers made a tcp connection to the net.
How is it possible to make this connection if the computers are logged off?
is this a fault with the firewall or is it possible for a logged off computer
to make an outgoing connection?
Any suggestion's will be greatfully received

Yours...Ben
:D