Re: [suse-security] re: strange but true

> > Logged off, or Turned off?  Makes a big difference.
> >
> > Many nics nowdays are always hot, so that you can
> > use wake-on-lan.  But they should not make an outgoing
> > connection.
> >

> Um, Logged off, Can they do that while logged off?
> Thankyou for your reply

I've seen many MS windows machines make outgoing connections even when
logged off especially if they have spyware or some kind of malware
installed on them.

For a unix/linux machine, there are many possibilities including scheduled
cron/ AT jobs, daemons listening in the background that need some kind of
connectivity etc...

Noah.