Re: [suse-security] re: strange but true

Hi Ben,

>                          Yes i know that is true with linux but
> it seems that it is MS that is causing the offending here, I know this
> is suse-security but is there anything you could suggest to find out why
> this is happening, I will be changing over to suse but to be able to
> show my boss how MS is the cause would help in the move over to suse.

--> even if the computer is logged off, the services are still
running. See "Control Panel", "Administrative Tools", "Services".
These may include for example a VNC server so you can connect to the
VNC server from remote even if no user is currently logged in to the
machine.

Can you tell us some more details about the outgoing connections like
protocol (TCP or UDP), source and destination ports ? This would help
to understand where it may have come from.

Armin

--
Am Hasenberg 26         office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan             Schloss-Straße 6