[suse-security] Re: [SLE] re: why wont my suse compile

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:54:40 -0700, Ben <willcu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 19:51:28 -0700, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Patrick,

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 19:32, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> [09-28-04 09:59]:
> It's called "Dictionary" (Gasp! What an inspired name!)
>
> It's always in the recent applications section of my KDE menu, so
> I'll have to go looking for it's original home... There it is. It's
> in the "Office..." sub-menu of the KDE menu. Assuming you installed
> it.

and is available from the cl as 'dict'.  Much easier to use this way.

That's debatable, and probably dependent on the context in which you're
using it.

I'm by no means command-line-phobic (or even possessed of an overall bias
one way or the other), but in this case, I like the GUI.

It's somewhat like the discussion of how best to extract user names from
an "ls" listing. "Best" is very context- and purpose-dependent.

What I would like to have (but have not had time to investigate, yet) is
the ability to have the current text selection automatically primed into
a Dictionary / dict search. I do miss that level of integration with MS
Bookshelf.

This is the thread i started the other day, look how far removed from the question it has become, WTF is it all about suse, security or gramma and nit picking

PSS
   When i did CL "dict" no such thing?. Is that for SuSE 9.1 pro?
cause it dont werk in SuSE 9.1 personal? A decent Dictionary would
be handy for me as the flames i get for spelling is terrible, So
i guess i should do something about it really. :)

--
Patrick Shanahan

Randall Schulz