Re: [suse-security] re: Time

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 3:49 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:45:42 -0700, Scott Leighton <helphand@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> >> Sorry bro but today is wednesday here???????
> >
> >  Then you can't possibly be in the PDT timezone.
> >
> >  As noted above,  -0700
> >
> >   Scott
>
> OHH, I see. Time zone!
> im not sure what time zone i should be in (and thats pretty typical for
> me).
> i choose Auckland NZ when i install but i notice that its never right!
> that must be the problem. I used to do NTPDATE TIME.PARADISE.NET.NZ and
> that
> would fix it, but that doesnt work in SuSE, What is the SuSE equivalent to
> NTPDATE?
> Do you know if there is a Command line script for it?
> Thanks, i see that you are right!

   I'll have to defer your question to one of the experts on the list. All I
know is that I set my timezone in the clock in the lower right hand corner of
KDE and it all just works. I use xntp to keep it all sync'd, but don't recall
having to specify any timezone when setting that up.

   Someone will surely come along who knows the facts and can help
you with specifics.

   Scott

--
POPFile, the OpenSource EMail Classifier
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/