[suse-security] Automated kernel updates

Hello,

I plan to recheck SuSE's security updates before installing them on the
machines. "Normal" packages are easy. I just imitate an update mirror
with just links in it. If a link exists the corresponding patch will be
installed. This way I can use SuSE's online_update.

Kernel updates on the other hand should just be installed when the system
is going down. Furthermore I want the last working kernel not to be
deinstalled when the new kernel is being installed. "rpm -i" would do
this for me so I have vmlinuz (new kernel) and vmlinuz.previous (last
working kernel) later on.

Does anyone have such a system installed at his/her site? Otherwise there
is some work to do for me... Can you give me some advises on the
implementation?

Thanks in advance
Andreas