Re: [suse-security] Martian source (How to ignore in logs)

/ 2004-09-29 10:29:23 -0500
\ Joe Morris (NTM):
> b@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >any idea if this will have to be run in my startup scripts?
> >

> No, set FW_KERNEL_SECURITY="yes" to no.
>
> >Also, don't think its working :)
> >

> Try the above, if it doesn't work immediately, try SuSEfirewall2 stop,
> then start.  If that doesn't work, you can either reboot or use the
> command given to you in the last post.  That should work immediately,
> but will not survive a reboot or may not survive a firewall restart,
> such as with a dialup.

Note:
from Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt:

log_martians - BOOLEAN
	Log packets with impossible addresses to kernel log.
	log_martians for the interface will be enabled if at least one of
	conf/{all,interface}/log_martians is set to TRUE,
	it will be disabled otherwise

so you will have to
   for f in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/log_martians ; do
	echo 0 > $f ;
   done
   head /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/log_martians

	Lars Ellenberg