Re: [suse-security] Automated kernel updates

/ 2004-09-30 12:02:25 +0200
\ Markus Gaugusch:
> On Sep 30, Andreas Haupt <andreas.haupt@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Markus Gaugusch wrote:
> >>I think you want to look at my project: Fast OnlineUpdate for SuSE
> >>(fou4s) http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/
> >>
> >>It sends you email notification for all updates, downloads them
> >>automatically and installation is just at your fingertips.
> >>Kernels are automatically backup'ed (vmlinuz.fou4s).
> >
> >Looks nice! But I have a little problem: It seems that you can only use
> >ftp/http/rsync server to load the patches from. A (nfs) directory like
> >in /etc/suseservers (dir://<directory>) doesn't seem to work.
>
> You can mount the directory containing the patches to
> /var/cache/fou4s/packages (or set RpmDir in /etc/fou4s.conf)

better:
  MNTPOINT=/var/cache/fou4s/packages/localdir
  mkdir $MNTPOINT
  mount #something# $MNTPOINT
or
  LOCALDIR=<<directory>>
  ln -s $DIR /var/cache/fou4s/packages/${LOCALDIR##*/}

that way you can have both remote (which will get wget/rsync'ed) or
local dirs (which just happen to be there).

	lge