RE: [opensuse-security] Setting up FTP and SuseFirewall

> > I tried this, disabled the firewall, but didn't get vsftpd
> to receive
> > ftp documents from  my scanner.
>
> Then the problem is not the firewall. It is the server daemon
> configuration, or the sending machine firewall or sending program.

I seem to remember having a similar problem with vsftp through xinetd.  The
problem was that the vsftp was taking too long to initialise through xinetd,
and so the sender was timing out.  Could it be the same problem?

I don't remember the details of the fix as it was some time ago.

David