Re: [opensuse-security] How capable is ClamAV?

On 2014-09-14 21:06, pinguin74 wrote:
> Am 14.09.2014 17:53, schrieb Carlos E. R.:

> Well, maybe antivirus tools really are not much better than a placebo...
> I just hoped, ClamAV may have a good heuristic system....

They do detect things, but certainly not all. Only known things. And
there are a lot of malwares... You probably have to use several engines.

How good is clamav at heuristics, I really don't know.

I only use the antivirus on Linux to know what I get on email, not for
real - any executable gets banned on sight. Docs that do not come
directly from friends, unrequested, are very suspect, I don't open them.
If I have to, there are doc converters that do not know how to translate
scripts.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)